Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Buttermilk Truck




Looking for buttery, creamy breakfast goodness? Look no further. The Buttermilk truck is here.

The Buttermilk truck is an LA area food truck that is breakfast-centric. Most of their items actually do contain buttermilk. I'm going to tell you about a couple of things I ate during my visit.

One of my visits to the Buttermilk truck was around the holiday season so I was looking for something seasonal. Buttermilk comes to the rescue with an eggnog waffle. Now usually this comes as a combo with fried chicken but I asked if I could just get the waffle. Well I'm a sucker for eggnog so this waffle was right up my alley. They make their waffles fresh with the waffle iron right in front of the pick up window. Now this is a good sized waffle which comes complete with butter and as much maple syrup as your heart desires. Right off the bat with the first bite I was able to catch the hint of eggnog with a good nutmeg flavor. The waffle was creamy and buttery with a crisp exterior and fluffy on the inside. The eggnog was not overpowering but a nice little accent to the waffle itself. Its just too bad this is seasonal and I won't be able to have it again till December.


Now the other item I tried was the Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Buttermilk Pancake Bites. This item seems to be one of the more popular items on their menu. These 6 little guys come complete with a dusting of powdered sugar and a scoop of maple cream cheese buttercream. Now if you like red velvet cupcakes like I do then these are the pancakes for you. Warm red velvet pancakes with melty chocolate chips throughout paired with the maple cream cheese buttercream are legit. The maple cream cheese buttercream provides a nice contrast to the sweetness of the pancake. At $5 for an order of 6, this is a nice dessert for your food truck experience.


So that's the end of my Buttermilk Truck experience this time. Maybe next time I'll try the other things on the menu. If you guys want to find the Buttermilk Truck or just want to learn more about it here's the Twitter the Facebook and the Website. Well thats all for now. Till next time everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment